Sunday, January 10, 2010

Socks in Progress



We've had blizzards and sub-zero weather and all sorts of things to keep a body indoors in the last few weeks. I've managed to finish up quite a few projects, and I've finally gotten to haul out my sock yarn that's been sitting here, patiently awaiting use, for at least six months.


I started knitting socks last winter. What can I say? I'm hooked! I knitted a pair of top down socks from a pattern I got for Christmas. They were a disaster that fit my husband about right. So I went to the good ol' internet and found a pattern for toe-up socks and I quickly realized that is THE way to make socks. I made two pair out of worsted weight yarn. They are perfect for running around the house, but too heavy to fit into my shoes. So, this summer I ordered some sock yarn that was on sale. At the same time I also ordered some lovely cotton yarn to make a prayer shawl and for some reason I felt compelled to knit for a good cause before I knit my socks.






But finally, the day arrived! Just let me say, these are going to be the softest most awesome socks and I really hope I got enough yarn for 2 pair.






No comments: