Sunday, February 28, 2010

Berry, berry Good!

I've been trying to eat more fruit lately. Trouble is, I don't really like fruit very much, so I've been trying to come up with great ways to fix it to sort of disguise the fact that I'm eating fruit. I had some frozen blackberries in the freezer, and part of a bag of mixed berries, so I decided to make a cobbler the other day.

I used my peach cobbler recipe that I got off the internet or tv somewhere a few years back. Like all tasty recipes it starts with a stick of butter. Melt that while the oven is preheating.


Mix together about a cup of flour and sugar and some cinnamon and a little baking powder. In the peach cobbler recipe, you use the syrup off the canned peaches for liquid to make the batter. I just used milk for this. Pour it all on top of the melted butter.


Hmmm, get the pictures out of order. See it fresh and warm out of the oven....


And then see the frozen berries dumped in on top of the batter and butter.





A close up of that yummy juicy goodness.






Mmmmmm.










1 comment:

Lidian said...

That looks incredible! Now I want to make some too :)