Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bowling Ball Project



Bowling balls. Who knew they could be such a great accent piece! I was just tickled pink to get one at that auction I attended a couple weeks ago. Then I got home and said, "What the hell am I going to DO with this thing?" I've got quite enough "stuff" cluttering up the place already.


So I let it set for a day or two and then came up with the idea to add it to my old windmill tower. I've always wanted a small windmill for my yard and one year my darling husband ordered me one from a mail order catalog. After assembly, it became clear that this lawn ornament was not designed to stand up to SouthDakota winds. The blades didn't last long, but the tower has endured because I have it anchored to the ground with fence posts.


Anyway, here are some pics of the finished product. Or perhaps in-progress photos because I haven't decided that I especially like the color.


I'm thinking I'd like to paint the tower black perhaps. I'm open to suggestions.

2 comments:

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Hi MM,
I had to register so I could leave a comment for you. I really love your blog and am so glad that you are posting in it more. Your writing is so good, very entertaining.
Take care!
Rosems

Melanie said...

Thanks Rose! When I have time, I love to write, but it's a pretty rare thing anymore.