Friday, October 3, 2008

Project #4




Ok, I have to confess, I didn't really do a project yesterday. I went to the doctor and had a suspicious spot taken off my left hand. I'm a lefty, now with stitches in the top of my hand. So I didn't much feel like doing a project when I got home yesterday. And then to top it all off, while I was making supper, I sliced into the first finger on my right hand with the chef's knife. Stupid. I've been cooking for a living for years, been cooking in general since I was nine and then I go pull a stunt like that. So, both hands are sort of sore this morning.


What I am going to post is what I've been working on in the evenings. I've been using up some odds and ends of cotton yarn making dish rags. I'd like to say I'm a generous soul who gives these all to folks who need them. Well, they all go in my towel drawer and get used by me. And I'll admit to being a slob who is not good at laundry and who is allergic to bleach, so my dishrags get trashed pretty fast.


I'm off to a full days work in another town today. May try to get some knitting done during the long boring afternoon hours. I'll see how my hand feels. I want to try a dishcloth knitted on the diagonal.


And tomorrow I will regale you with my story about breakfast with the elders.

No comments: