Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Project a Day: Day 2

Ok folks, here's yesterday's project. I've had these trowels laying around for at least two and a half years now. They were in a box of stuff I bought for $2 at a farm auction. That pretty green check ribbon has been laying around for nearly as long. Got that on a shopping trip with my daughter, specificly to make some autumn decorations. And I always have silk flowers laying around, so I finally got it all put together. Oh, and the cute little mini apple garland came from the thrift store yesterday.

It would be really fun if this wall was as big and blank as it looks in the photo, but it's only about three feet between a window and a door above an old cabinet.

And here's some fun stuff I got at the thrift store yesterday. I don't usually buy silk flowers and such there because they are a little overpriced. Yesterday, I happened to be there when they unlocked the door. Monday's they are closed for restocking and Tuesday at 10 the old ladies stand in line waiting for the door to open. I found out you can find a lot more "good" stuff that way!

I've never had a lot in the way of autumn decorations, so I was happy to find the cute ceramic turkey and the little glass votive holder turkey. At least I think it's a votive holder, not sure, but I'll be using it for a toothpick holder.

I was thinking about using the muffin tin for something crafty, but that's the kind I really like to bake with, so it's going in the cupboard with my cake pans.

The fabric in the background is about 3 yds. I was thinking I'd use it to reupholster some kitchen chairs that have white vinyl on them. After I looked at it in my kitchen I'm not sure. It's got more black in it than I really want in the kitchen, but the man likes it.

1 comment:

That Girl Ang said...

Beautiful - beautiful... I love it!