Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gladiolas







One of my all time favorite flowers. Certainly they are easy to grow, showy, most times colorful. What more could a person want in a summer flowering bulb?


The only picture I have of my great grandmother has her holding a big armful of glads, a flower she was well known for growing. Even in her elderly years she always grew them.





I love all the colors of glads one can find in a catalog, but my all time favorites, because they always do so well for me are these white ones.
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely family photo with the glads, as well as the great glads themselves. It's nice that in a way you're following a bit of a family passion with your garden.

My grandmother was fond of gladiolas herself, and I always think of her when I see them.